Thursday 26 April 2007

Back to work and sharing Joey joy

It's so weird returning to work, after a weekend of festivities, settling in to a routine. I have so much stuff to share with my collegues, not everyone gets to share their bed with a joey.

It was a particularly cool morning when Rockey the newly named joey was shuffling around and calling so I helped him out of his pillow case and he flipped into my bed and remained there untill 7am.

The questioning looks of mm yep sure I believe you ?..it is good thing we have photos to share.

Shaun and the girls and I are fortunate having lived on the land and shared our home with the kangaroos. They come so close to the house and if you listen to their conversation and watch their behaviour you can also attest to how they are the most disarmingly beautiful animals. They are so graceful and gentle with each other and their environment.

They never knocked down the irrigation on the vineyard, but they didn't like where I planted apples and kicked them over.

Which is fair enough I guess, if the roos didn't think they would do well where I put them , I just tried somewhere else, until they left them alone.

But not everyone establishes opportunities to gain varied experiences to share, i'll keep my joey joy close to my heart. Thank you Sebastian for Rocky

No comments: