Monday 16 April 2007

The trip to Canberra Airport

Early Early Early, my body is not ready for this!!
Shaun cooked breakfast, and we packed the car. Driving to Ishta's to collect her. Early Early,too Early for Evan!still in bed bless him, but Ishta was ready (Thankfully) and we hit the road.
Arrived on time and a very pleasant Young man assisted us with signing in at the kiosk. Then on to the check in, placed our luggage on the conveyor belt and left for security.
I had to remove my shoes,...then they found a nail file, so i went to the newsagent and posted it to myself, Last call for flight to Brisbane calling Ishtas and Varinia ,....then off came the shoes again, .. Last call for Ishta and Varina,....and they found an aerosol can in Ishtas' bag,.. and eventually gave it back to us . We ran up the stairs to find the door locked and Ishta ran off to find someone to let us on the aircraft. Nearly didn't make it!! An abrupt gentleman was very cross with us, but the flight attendants were very pleasant and forgiving ,very understanding about hold ups at security.
The flight was exiting,and went too quickly.
I loved flying in to brisbane, over the sea, and I could almost see the girls waving from their front room facing the beach.
We disembarked and collected our luggage, and boarded the air train to Northgate and changed for a train to Sandgate. Brisbane is very warm and I kept removing layers of clothes.
Dad collected us fromthe train, I couldn't wait to see the girls.

No comments: