Tuesday 24 April 2007

Relax and Recover

Shaun is not a drinker, and I am. I would joke about having to have all the fun and having to do the drinking for two people, and in saying that I set about doing it.

I would visit friends after work, for a quick glass of wine, a quick beer, a little port, just 1.
Try this we’ve just bottled it, come and help bottle the creme liquors or port.

If you are a drinker could you say no?

Assisting with bottling the vintage in boutique wineries is the, the cork in the bottle, the legs on the inside of the glass, the best.

After pruning, Picking, crushing, fermentation, waiting whilst the wine sits in the barrels then bottling the vintage, the celebration of the finished product is well worth the effort.

And then I Broke my leg.

I was visiting friends who were having a campfire. I had a few too many white wines, and asked one of Demelza’s friends to let me ride his bike.
I rode at speed up the side of the Dam wall. It was very steep, and to steady myself I turned the bike suddenly and cracked the thin supporting bone in my leg,
A spiral fracture !
And three months to recover in plaster !
It was an experience that slowed me up considerably, and I contained my dependence on alcohol thereafter.I had to detox relax and recover from a fast life and an out of control addiction to good wine and good company.
Ill never give up good company but I have learnt that I don't need to drink to have fun.
Sometimes it takes a disaster to happen for us to realise that we can enjoy ourselves without behaving in an out of control manner.
And sometimes a place to go and recover and repair our selves is what we need , time out like, the time out provided at drug detox with people who are caring and compassionate offering choices for life improvement.Their comprehensive drug and alcohol rehabilitation program for drug addiction and alcoholism is renowned and incredibly successful .


No comments: