Friday 13 April 2007

The girls have gone

Shaun and I spent a great deal of energy and time preparing the girls for their trip to Brisbane.
Packing and unpacking their bags, and asking relevant questions about just what they have in their bags. Do you have a toothbrush?.. clean draws?..summer clothes (as autumn in Queensland is very warm unlike Canberra or Stanthorpe.
My folks have a beach house, right on the water and that is where they are staying and where I will join them, so do you have swimmers and a beach towel? Clothes for the wedding ? And how many pairs of shoes are you taking?
All valid questions i thought .
Shaun has this idea that I should leave the nagging out and let them make their own mistakes believing they will learn from misjudgement, but I nagg, not only for the hell of it , but because I want everything to be right for them.

This morning we woke to an alarm at 4.30 to make breakfast, wake the girls and pack the car Shaun did all of this, then drove the girls to the nanny's to collect her and then on to the airport.

Whilst he was away I emptied schoolbags of uneaten lunches, stripped beds and tidied rooms in preparation for their return,cleaned the kitchen cos i didn't want a mess for Shaun when he got home in the evening .
I was busying myself with housework,when he arrived back from the airport to collect his car as he had taken mine, frightening me just a little as I wasn't expecting him back! We talked about how quiet the house was and he explained how the trip to the airport was.
All day I have been exited ,about travelling to Brisbane, and then Ishta emails me that she has booked a flight , and is joining me!.So doubly exited!
The day couldn't pass fast enough. All of my kids in one city for my birthday!
At home we ate a delicious meal of curry and rice made by Shaun of course, and I packed my things for a weekend of celebrations my Birthday and my brothers wedding!and to bed a little later than i had anticipated but I'm sure tomorrow will be nice and smooth even if i am a little tired.

No comments: